the best part of waking up
is literally nothing, please let me go back to sleep
hail hydra? no. all hail the glow cloud.
And is an active member of the school board.
i also bring the nicest scones, unlike some people
|me:||ohHHHHHHH h I KNOW THIS SONG|
|me:||I KNOW IT I KNOW IT|
|me:||THIS IS SO GOOD|
|me:||I LOVE THIS SONG|
|me:||what's it called|
More small watercolors of this boy in even more jackets! I am so ready for fall. Messed with his shapes/design, and practiced glazing graded washes.
Also, found a good mix for splotchy light denim! The pants in the left one were way too teal, and when I layered a tiny thin wash of red oxide on top, it not only neutralized but added texture.
|Random college kid:||Dude are you a real punk or a fake punk?|
|Me:||I, um. I-I don't care?|
|Kid:||*turns to his friend* Dude he said he doesn't care that means he's a real punk hi I'm Doug nice to meet you|
HAVE YOU ENTERED YET? DEADLINE IS TOMORROW!
Diversity in YA’s 2014 Back to School Giveaway
It’s September, which means we’re back to business as usual here at DiYA and many of you are back to school! To celebrate the fall, we’re giving away these nine awesome new and upcoming diverse young adult books to three lucky winners.
Here’s how this will work:
1. We’ve divided these nine books into three packs of three:
Prize Pack 1: Thriller/Science Fiction
- The Doubt Factory by Paolo Bacigalupi (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Oct. 14, 2014
- Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis (Abrams) — Signed hardcover!
- Love Is the Drug by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Arthur A. Levine Books) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
Prize Pack 2: Realistic Fiction
- Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero (Cinco Puntos) — Advance copy; Paperback/Hardcover release October 2014
- Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley (Harlequin Teen) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
- Diamond Boy by Michael Williams (Little, Brown) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Dec. 2, 2014
Prize Pack 3: Nonfiction
- Rethinking Normal: A Memoir in Transition by Katie Rain Hill (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers) — Advance copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
- Some Assembly Required: The Not-So-Secret Life of a Transgender Teen by Arin Andrews (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers) — Advance copy; Hardcover release Sept. 30, 2014
- We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) — Advance Reader’s Copy; Hardcover release Dec. 23, 2014
2. We will pick three winners to receive one prize pack each. (You can tell us which prize pack you prefer in the entry form.)
3. Because of the cost of international shipping, we are only able to ship to U.S. mailing addresses. International folks may enter as long as they have a U.S. mailing address.
4. Teachers and librarians get an extra entry for free!
5. The deadline to enter is the end of the day, Sept. 19, 2014.
If you can’t see the entry form widget above, go here to enter.
Thank you to Arthur A. Levine Books; Cinco Puntos; Harlequin Teen; Little, Brown Books for Young Readers; and Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers for generously donating copies of these books for this giveaway.
if you don’t think this carries an important message about our society then you are what is wrong with human society today
And this is why when you see a post empowering and uplifting black women, do not invade it with “don’t you mean all women?” No, because this is not the reality of “all women.”
This is so fucking sad